Friday, February 10, 2012

And We're BACK!

Happy Friday! Closet Couture is finally up and running again, I know it sounds stupid but sometimes it's easier to see different outfit combinations when I am using my online closet than when I am just staring inside my actual closet.  I was kind of happy with my outfits this week but I scoured the Internet today and I found some really cute ideas I will be putting into my wardrobe just to mix it up a bit.  

I was also really excited to find a series from blogger Audrey at Putting Me Together entitled "Remixing".  I really think it is crucial to learn the art of remixing, so that you can truly get the most of your wardrobe and not have to invest in so many pieces, season after season.  I think this is the key for me to saving money (by not buying as many pieces of clothing) but still feel as if I am able to keep it interesting.  I think that getting bored of your wardrobe is a big reason why a lot of people go shopping (it is for me at least).  But by learning how to remix and as Audrey puts is "reimagine" your pieces you can create so many different outfits, that actually FEEL like different outfits, it will be hard to get bored!  So stay tuned for my takes on Audrey's Putting Me Together's series.  The next part of the series she promises will show you how to shop for versatile pieces! Can't wait Audrey (hope you don't mind me quoting you and gloating over you!)

This is the kind of remixing Audrey shows you! Love it! One dress so many options!


Moving on to this past week, below are my outfits for this week!

My Outfits- Closet Couture














Tuesday: Needed to dress warm it was COLD out! (wasn't I just saying how warm it was last week?)




Swearter/Ann Taylor                                                                        Jean Jacket/Gap Outlet                                         Pants/Loft                                                            Shirt/Thrifted                                                                                  Shoes- Gap                                                                          Necklace/Old Navy                                                                 Earrings/?









My Outfits- Closet Couture



Wednesday: Needed to dress up for work, but be warm! I also wore one of the clip on flowers I got from Payless attached to my necklace.  I kind of looked girly (where did that come from? I confess I kind of like it!)

Blazer/Esprit (this is one just like it)
Belt/New York & Co
Earrings/Target ($1!)
Necklace/Old Navy (I think?)
Skirt/New York & Co
Shirt/Max Studio (Marshalls)
Flower Pin/Hairclip/Payless
Boots/Aerosoles (Marshalls)






Thursday: Tried wearing a belt over an open cardigan, had to add the blazer to make it look right!

My Outfits- Closet Couture
Blazer/H&M
Cardigan/Gap
Tank/Esprit (this is one like it)   
Necklace/Gifted 
Earrings/New York & Co
Belt/Charming Charlie
Shoes/Two Lips















My Outfits- Closet Couture

Friday: It was a really cold and snowy day, so I had to dress appropriately with a sweater AND a blazer.  I have never wore this sweater with a blazer before.  I forgot how much I like this sweater (it was a gift from my husband...he gets so excited when I wear it!).


Sweater/Gifted (New York & Co)
Necklace/H&M
Shoes/Payless
Jeans/Levis
Blazer/Gap
Earrings/Gifted







 Have a great weekend!




{np}





1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you, Nicole! How sweet of you to feature my series on your blog!

    ReplyDelete